I’m married to a man who makes me laugh. I love reading and watching TV and I enjoy a wide variety of genres for both.
2. When did you start writing, and why?
I was maybe five years old when I started writing and I did it because I liked it. I think it started with weekend diaries at school. Whatever I’d actually done wasn’t as interesting as what I could make up!
3. What do you write, and why? What do you enjoy about what you write?
I write adult modern fantasy, or urban fantasy in a non-urban setting. Urban Fantasy is a favourite genre of mine to read so writing this type of series came easily enough! I like books to be entertaining and my imagination gets to run wild in a fantasy setting.
4. What is your latest book? Any forthcoming books?
‘Fate Fallen’, the third book in my Gallows series, just came out at the start of May. I’m in the editing stages with an urban fantasy / dark comedy novella about reanimation, titled ‘Raised’. I hope to release it in the next few months.
5. “Welcome To My Worlds”: Tell us a little about the world of your latest book.
The Gallows novels are set in an alternate reality Scotland, complete with fictional towns and as many supernatural creatures as I could cram in! Descendants of fallen angels work as demon trackers and demons roam the earth in the form of vampires.
6. Introduce us to some of your characters. What do you like about them?
Shaun is sarcastic, a bit moody, and reluctant but his heart’s in the right place. Sarah is a pretty determined and caring kind of person even if she tends towards reckless behaviour. I enjoy flawed characters so that’s the kind I like to write about!
7. A fun fact you would like your readers to know about you or your book.
I tend to listen to music while I write. I listened to Twin Atlantic CD’s while I was writing the Gallows novels.