Introducing Miv Evans, whose soon-to-be-released book How I Exiled My Inner Bitch I reviewed not long ago.
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
I’m British and relocated to LA in 2005. I’m a freelance journalist and write film reviews for Entertainment Magazine and Yahoo!
2. When did you start writing, and why?
I started writing in 1990. I was the only female car dealer in the UK, and the male car dealers made me the butt of their humor. I started making notes and a few years later I wrote a TV comedy drama titled The Metal Movers which I sold to BBC TV.
3. What do you write, and why? What do you enjoy about what you write?
I have written two TV shows, six screenplays, 200+ film reviews and now a book. I love the fact that an hour seems like five minutes when I’m writing. I would call it a state of bliss.
4. What is your latest book or series? Any forthcoming books?
My debut novel is How I Exiled My Inner Bitch.
5. “Welcome To My Worlds”: Tell us a little about the world of your latest book or series.
My novel is about an anti-social woman who tries to hide her imaginary friend from her boyfriend and his hormonal daughters.
6. Introduce us to some of your characters. What do you like about them?
The main character is the (inner) bitch. She says what’s on her mind and, as acerbic as she is, she’s truthful. The male character lives in denial, and I have witnessed that so many times it feels therapeutic.
7. A fun fact you would like your readers to know about you or your book.
I haven’t exiled mine.