Introducing multi-genre author John Reinhard Dizon.
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
Here’s my bio: John Reinhard Dizon was born and raised in the Cobble Hill section of Brooklyn, NY. He participated in local and high school sports at Bishop Loughlin MHS, and was a key figure on the Brooklyn rock scene during the Punk Revolution of the 70’s. Relocating to San Antonio TX in the 80’s, he moonlighted as a pro wrestler before pursuing a BA at UTSA and degrees in Korean martial arts during the 90’s. He currently lives in KC MO where he is studying for his MA in English at UMKC. Mr. Dizon has been studying and writing about American and European society and culture for over twenty-five years.
2. When did you start writing, and why?
I started writing dialogue for my stick-figure cartoons shortly after getting out of diapers. I’ve always had a good story to tell.
3. What do you write, and why? What do you enjoy about what you write?
I’ve always had something to say, I consider myself intellectual, fluent with current events, and a history scholar. Although my ideas are highly controversial, rarely are they disrespected.
4. What is your latest book or series? Any forthcoming books?
Transplant is a tale of murder and mayhem that unfolds as a missing athlete turns up at a NYC brownstone described by police investigators as ‘an indescribable pit of hell’. A missing supermodel found in the streets of NYC leads the police to the residence, where four renowned neurosurgeons are trapped in a basement under siege by NBA superstar Jerome Browne and a victim of horrific experiments known as Combo. Victims of ghastly transplant operations rescued from the building lead police to believe that the doctors are responsible for the demonic experiments. Yet the doctors’ alibi proves airtight as they assign blame to a mysterious Dr. Cyclops who lured them to the brownstone and framed them for the frightening atrocities. Homicide Detectives Tommy Jackson and Orrin Rampersad are being pushed to their limits in solving the case, coming across ever greater abominations as the truth is gradually revealed. They are faced the choice of indicting four doctors considered pioneers in their field, or a phantasmal surgeon no one can prove actually exists.
The launch date for Transplant is May 7th, my Dad’s birthday!
5. “Welcome To My Worlds”: Tell us a little about the world of your latest book or series.Culturally it’s a narrative on three social levels. The ‘Mad Doctors’ live in an upper-class environment, four yuppie Jewish doctors. Tommy and Orrin are trying to raise their families in Lower Manhattan’s middle-class sector. The underground lab is in the high-crime areas of East Harlem. The detectives are symbolically and literally establishing the link between the disparate societies that the Doctors are involved in.
6. Introduce us to some of your characters. What do you like about them?
Adam Rauch is the major antagonist, having sacrificed everything in pursuit of knowledge. He cuts a deal with drug lord Django Tamsulosin to have fresh subjects provided for his projects. Yet he sincerely believes that his bionic limbs and transgenetic skin grafts will revolutionize the medical industry. He personifies the ideal of ‘the ends justifying the means’.
Tommy and Orrin are a righteous version of HBO’s True Detective. Tommy is a two-fisted, hard-drinking cop, but would never cheat on his wife. Orrin is the laid-back voice of reason but is absolutely fearless. They would probably prefer a violent arrest but end up with time as their major enemy.
7. A fun fact you would like your readers to know about you or your book.
My publisher is an innovative marketer and provided a seminar on how to succeed in selling the book. One of my ideas was to provide a Taste of Harlem book signing in a black restaurant. I’m just wondering if the cover shot of a bloodied Terminator limb won’t put them off their collard greens.
8. Blog/site link, and where your book is available.
PLEASE feel free to check out all my other great novels at: http://www.amazon.com/John-Reinhard-Dizon/e/B00DU9JNUQ